Saturday, October 4, 2008

Roll With It

Photo courtesy of A.P.C.

I've finally gotten everything together to put up my blog and it feels really great. My name is Lili and I just wanted to share with anyone who has been affected by Hodgkins, be it directly, family-related, or maybe your friend has just been diagnosed, the experience I've had and continue to have. Although now a cancer survivor, I am still finishing up with treatment. I've been meaning to put this together for a very long time now. Before I post anything more, just a couple of things: I'm not a doctor, a healer, or an expert. I am a 28 year old artist who had the shock of her life when diagnosed with Hodgkins the day after her 28th birthday! Needless to say it has been a strange and beautiful experience; I've felt just about every emotion in the book, have gone through a bunch of tests, have done a ton of reading, and have come to the conclusion that maybe I can be of help to someone out there going through this. I am still me, and what I mean by that is I still embrace art and beauty, hence the images I'm going to post, the poetry, the blogs etc. I'd like to share words and beauty. Cancer is such a scary thing, such a scary process; I'd like to make this blog different. Please leave your comments! Let me know what you think. All we can ever really do is roll with it...                                                                            



No comments: