Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Food for Thought

I try my best to help my body heal from within with healthy food. If chemo is running through my veins, I might as well do what I can to restore my body, right? That is something I have been very aware of. I try to see it from a holistic point-of-view. So I even got a juicer and have been juicing, along with trying to eat organic, fresh food. Oh, and in case you were not aware, stay away from grapefruit ANYTHING during your treatment. Also, here is a little link to help you with some of the most healthy things to eat out there, but remember, as with everything, check with your doctor if you are not sure about certain foods. The bottom line is this: your body needs nutrition, especially when going through chemo/radiation, so feed yourself. If mac-n-cheese is all you crave, then eat that (and do not, I repeat do not feel guilty about this). But if you can handle some extra veggies or maybe some pomegranate juice here and then, why not? Your body will greatly appreciate it!

No comments: