Saturday, November 15, 2008

When you least expect it...

Sometime, when you least expect it, a friend will show up on your doorstep with a bouquet of carrots (for juicing of course!) and a pretty little envelope filled with treasures. And perhaps on that very same day, another friend will pick you up for dinner and take you to a cozy lil' restaurant to share good wine, a delicious dinner, and an incredibly nourishing heart-to-heart. The conversation will last late into the night and you will go home feeling love and inspiration and joy. It can shake off any feelings of negativity, doubt, or sadness. You might wake up anxious one day knowing that you have treatment, only to find that when you open your door, a friend has left you a copy of your very favorite magazine on the doorstep to take with you. Or maybe you get a card in the mail just to remind you how incredible you're doing and how much you're thought of and loved. Perhaps on a more emotional day, the person with you will know it and kiss you on the cheek so dearly so that you know everything is ok. Just remember to take it all in. So much love is all around you, me, always. It is to these individuals that I'd like to dedicate this post to. You guys have made all the difference in my recovery and have given me the strength to draw upon. My pillars. My Heavens. My loves. My heart thanks you.

No comments: