Monday, December 1, 2008

Psssssst

After my 2nd cycle of chemo, my hair did indeed start to fall out. Not in big clumps, it was more like every time I ran my hands through my hair, I would have a bunch of strands between my fingers. I noticed that getting my hair wet when taking a shower only made more of it fall out, especially after washing it. So I decided to try using dry shampoo. I found a great one called Psssssst: Instant Spray Shampoo. No joke! No water needed! It looks like it's straight out of the 70's, but it works. So instead of washing my hair with water, I used Psssssst. I really feel like it helped my hair stay intact for as long as I could possibly keep it (4 cycles). This might not be for everyone, but hey, it's definitely worth a shot. (Note: only using Psssssst for 2 months and never washing my hair with real shampoo & water did leave a yellowish residue on my scalp. Needless to say, after shaving my head, it felt incredible to scrub my scalp and the residue came right off).

No comments: